Gainesville, GA

my 1 year old had a cold and ear infection a couple weeks ago. i got the cold from her. i have had sinus congestion and cough for about 8 or 9 days and not improving. i now have a sore throat. 2 cases of strep throat at my office. i have yellow mucos?

Question is ?????: You get the most from this site when you provide a clear question with any post. If yours is about strep risk it is minor. Risk in season varies between 1/4 in families with close contact to less than 1/32 in an office setting. If concerned have a strep test done.
Dr. Amrita Dosanjh
Pediatric Pulmonology 36 years experience
Strep exposure: Since you have been exposed to Strep and you now have a sore throat, I would suggest a throat culture and treatment with antibiotics if it is Strep or a bacterial infection.
Dr. John Chiu
Allergy and Immunology 57 years experience
Duration?: It appears that you are having a viral infection probably transmitted from your son. If the duration of your symptoms exceeds 10 days, will need to consider sinusitis. Best to consult your doctor if symptoms exceed 10 days.