its normal to get a sharp pain on your stomach when standing at 34 weeks of pregnancy and whats the cause?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
OB position shifts: When you are 34 weeks pregnant and shift positions from sitting to standing you are like a ship or iceberg with a "ballast", most of your weight with the pregnancy is below your "sight line" and "under water". As a result "big ships" turn very slowly when changing direction for this reason. So should you. Have your OB MD exam/monitor you/baby while executing this position change in office.
Answered on Feb 28, 2019
1