U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 19-year-old female asked:

Do i have an abnormal hymen? cant insert a small tampon, burning sensation at entrance, cant see opening, i feel blockage/a wall at entrance

1 doctor answer5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jeff Livingston
Obstetrics and Gynecology 23 years experience
Exam needed : You will need to see an Obgyn and let them do an examination. Avoid trying to open it. You do not not want to cause any injury. An Obgyn will be able to do an exam and let you know if all is normal. If you do have an imperforate or annular hymen it is very easy to surgically correct.
Last updated Feb 26, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.