U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 22-year-old female asked:

Would going on the pill help to reduce excessive hair growth in the pubic area ? could this be caused by a hormone imbalance ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ralph Boling
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Depends: on pattern of growth and family history of patterns. Checking hormones and other tests, could confirm if medication is appropriate or needed.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 23, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.