ZA

Hi. i hurt my shoulder and down the front off my chest on the right. but there is no outside bruising or sore spots. but when i inhale or sneeze ,it really hurts from the centre of my chest to the shoulder joint. do i go to a doc or wait it out?

Dr. Louise Andrew
Yes, you should: It is possible to injure your lung after something that seems to have come from a shoulder injury. You would need an exam to determine whether there might be a rib fracture or dislocation and probably an x-ray to be sure the lung is not partially collapsed or your collarbone injured from the impact. Good luck!

Last updated Jan 18, 2019