i was diagnosed with melanosis coli doctor refered me to a dietician. my problem is i get normal bowel movements for a few days then it just stop i am on a high fibre low gi diet?

Dr. Shaban Faruqui
Specializes in Gastroenterology
Confusing Constipati: Most think it is "normal" to have one bowel movement a day, the actual range of normal bowel movements is quite large, its normal to have anywhere from as many as three bowel movements a day to as little as three bowel movements a week. Constipation is hard, dry, lumpy stool that is difficult or painful to pass and which may be accompanied by bloating and discomfort. M.Coli from laxative abuse.
Answered on Jan 7, 2019