Brick, NJ

national academy of science engineering and medicine state marijuana is not associated with an increase in head neck or lung cancer. is this correct?

Dr. Kate Erwin
Specializes in Child Psychiatry
Jury is out: The jury is out on marijuana and head and neck cancers. There is conflicting data on this and and very few studies. No association has been found between marijuana smoking and lung cancer. Again, though, not many studies have been completed. There are carcinogens in marijuana so be wary. There just isn’t enough data at this point to feel confident yet in these relationships