If I have hpv that has caused genital warts and not found on a pap, can I ever get rid of it or will it always be dormant in my system?

45 years experience in Pediatrics
MAYBE: These strains often clear eventually with or without treatment. However, they are from a family of viruses that tend to persist in your body for life, seen or unseen. The potential for a recurrence of visible lesions remains.Unfortunately, these strains are not killed off or suppressed by current anti-virals. Vaccines given prior to any sexual activity remains the best way to avoid the issue.
Answered on Dec 6, 2018