U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Newark, NJ
A 56-year-old female asked:

Interval development of central disc protrusion at the upper junction level , c3 c4 with probable cord deformity . have had mri,mra,ct,emg what do i do? work as a photojournalist and am weak when i turn my head left. 6 months of testing - im tired .

1 doctor answer6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Daniel Ziegler
Emergency Medicine 31 years experience
Talk to a surgeon: Find a neurosurgeon that specializes in the cervical spine. They will know your best options. Often from an incision in front they can divide tissue back to the spine and not cut anything else, then remove the disc, stabilize C3&4 with a small titanium plate and fuse them. If just 1 or 2 levels you lose no range of motion wake up without pain and the weakness gone. I had it 18yrs ago it worked!

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Dec 7, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.