ZA

I have a red lump in my bum, its firm to the touch, i had a temp last night of 38,9 its swollen and painful?

Dr. Susan Rhoads
Abscess: see MD: It sounds like you have an abscess (a pocket of infection). Depending where on your bum it is, it can be more or less dangerous. However with your high fever, it is pretty serious! Please go to your nearest Emergency Department and got treatment now. Fever means that the infection has spread into your bloodstream and that is very worrying! However, great treatment is available if done fast,
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Susan Rhoads
Provided original answer
Thanks for the Thank You note! It was kind of you to send it. I hope you feel better very soon!
Nov 11, 2018
Last updated Mar 25, 2022