United Arab Emirates
A 37-year-old male asked about a female:

My baby is 28 months & had a flu shot 2 weeks ago and today doctor give her tamyflu medication for her diagnosing she has influenza? is that okay?

Depends: It is certainly possible for a kid that age to get flu in spite of a flu shot 2 weeks ago. The shot may not have had time to build protection or it may be a flu strain not contained in the vaccine. Tamiflu will be effective if started in the 1st 48 hrs of flu symptoms, and less so if started later. Young kids also have more side effects. Since I have almost lost young kids to flu I would use it.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Miles Weinberger
58 years experience
Influenza: The influenza vaccines have varied from year to year in their coverage of all influenza strains.
Last updated Nov 11, 2018