U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 42-year-old female asked:

I have a painful headache towards the right side of my head which is ongoing for some time now. i think its now affecting my ear and my throat?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Richard Zimon
Internal Medicine 60 years experience
Just a thought: but this sounds like Trigeminal Neuralgia..inflammation of the trigeminal (Cranial (5th) nerve). Ask your GP about a possible referral to a Neurologist. Again just a thought...hope it is helpful! Dr Z
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 5, 2019


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.