I am in contact with someone in my household who is covid positive since 1st jan. from 2nd onwards i was getting headaches. they are mostly towards the back of head and the neck. i do get these headaches from time to time. should i be tested?

3 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

COVID 19: Suspicion for COVID 19 is higher if you have at least 2 of these symptoms: temp of at least 99.6 F (37.5 C), Cough, Shortness of breath, Chills, Shivering, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat or new loss of taste or smell. In South Africa a medical provider will determine need for COVID 19 testing. Consult your local primary care provider or you can use telemedicine for individual consultations.

Answered 1/7/2021

13 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

See below: Covid-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Contact your doctor/local hospital, by phone for evaluation and testing in your area. Wear a mask, stay away from others, practice hand hygiene. If you develop breathing difficulty, go to the nearest hospital, immediately. Get Covid vaccine. Wish you good health.

Answered 1/7/2021

13 views