ZA

I was diagnosed on monday with dvt. i received medication, xarelto. i want to know must i wear compression stockings or must i wait for my doctor?

Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Wait: Now that you have a Dvt, it would be safer to not wear compression hose on the side with the clot until approved by your doctor.
Dr. Norman Chideckel
Vascular Surgery 42 years experience
Compression hose: there is no contraindication to wearing the compression stocking for years it was recommended to prevent clot adherence to valves in the vein to prevent pstphlebitic syndrome recently this has been called into question but again early use is not a problem

Last updated Oct 22, 2018