ZA

I am 39 years old. i had a tubal ligation 6 years ago. i am now 16 days late for my period. negative pregnancy test. severe lower back pain and lower left abdominal pain - 2 to 3 weeks now. at nights it's worse.y. could i be pregnant?

Dr. Wayne Ingram
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
PG is possible: Pregnancy is still possible as it may be too early to determine by a urine pregnancy test, or a tubal pregnancy is present. When tubal ligations fails, pregnancy is the remaining stump of the tube is more likely. Ask your MD now for a serum quantitative pregnancy test to determine how much of the HCG hormone is in your system and an ultrasound if it is unclear by value.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 10, 2018