Newark, NJ

How can blow to my right breast cause shooting pain in my shoulder blade? i now have to shrug my right shoulder up towards my ear just to blow my nose

Dr. John Berryman
Shoulder pain: A "blow to the right breast" area can cause reflex quick abrupt movement of the right arm to ward off whatever caused the right breast injury. This kind of attempt to avoid injury or to brace yourself can cause strained ligaments in the shoulder capsule, which in turn can cause severe pain, and a torn ligament may need repair if the pain persists.
Last updated Mar 22, 2020