San Jose, CA

ive been oxycodone for years in the past. recently was put back on it. but now i feel it makes my heart race. im not sure if its anxiety or not. ?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Oxycodone: This would be an unusual side effect of oxycodone unless it makes you lightheaded or drops your blood pressure as both reactions could cause the heart to beat faster as a reflex reaction.
Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 57 years experience
Consult your Dr: Rapid and/or erratic heart rhythms can be caused by this med. Anxiety will cause similar sensations. An exam by your DR will show which, or both. WHY are you taking it? Is there no alternative? Gently press 2 fingers on the pulse in your wrist or neck. Carefully count the beats for 60 seconds [or 30 sec and double it]. Normal is 60 to 90. Is it a steady, regular rhythm, or does it skip around erra