what is a normal exercise heart rate for a 15 year old male? just starting to grow. sometimes takes awhile for hr to slow down after standing up.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Formula: The target exercise heart rate is calculated by a formula which is 220 minus age and then use 85% of that number as the target exercise heart rate. However some exercise experts only recommend 60% of that number(220minus age) for teenagers. I prefer to use common sense and ask what are your goals-weight loss, elite conditioning, training for special events,etc.
Answered on Aug 8, 2018