Fort Lauderdale, FL
A female asked:

I suffer from a painful distended abdomen (bloating) a few times per week. (maybe food related?) what's the best way to find the cause and treat this?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bernard Seif
Clinical Psychology 42 years experience
GI symptoms: You can start w/a visit to your primary care doctor. He/she may refer you to a GI doctor. May be as simple as taking a probiotic or adjusting your diet but you need to know first. Peace and good health.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 16, 2020


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.