United Kingdom

I have been taking a 3 month lymecycline course for 1 month and 1 week. a boil has burst and drained but is not healing. why?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Boil: I assume you're taking lymcycline for acne treatment. A concealing boil may need more drainage and another type of antibiotic to eradicate staphylococcus which is the bacterium usually involved in boil infections. A surgeon would be best to consult if the boil is large or incompletely drained. A culture and sensitivity of puss may be sent to the lab for confirmation of the causative bacteria
Last updated Jul 6, 2018