Fayetteville, NC

I went into to a pre-op appointment. had a heart rate of 147. they did ekg that says sinus tachycardia and borderline st elevation, anterior leads. hr-147 pr-120 qrsd- 72 qt-251 qtc-393 they made it seem like a big worry but didnt tell me what to do?

Dr. Murray Wellner
46 years experience
Rule out CAD: The rate is much to fast....Sinus tachycardia is usually secondary to another condition, which should be investigated...A high rate is similar to undergoing a stress test...as such an ST elevation is of some concern regarding the possibility of coronary disease, in spite of this woman's young age...Dr, Wellner
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated May 20, 2018