When i take my blood pressure at home it is very painful and i can feel my heart begin to race. can taking it cause high readings? i really dread it.

A doctor has provided 1 answer

Technique: Do you inflate the cuff or is it done automatically by a pump. If later, the cuff is inflated too much and it is pinching your nerves. You should talk to your doctor or nurse and address the technique for taking blood pressure as it should not be painful. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine, if you are under 27 years of age.

Answered 1/5/2019

329 views