Torrington, CT

I have torn my calf muscle three times while sleeping. once detaching it entirely during pregnancy and was told it was inoperable at that point because it was a few months before it was noticed by dr. this keeps happening post partum by two years!

Dr. Mohammad Shahzad
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Need to rule out DVT: You should see your provider to rule out DVT. You are st high risk to develop blood clot in the veins of leg. It is treatable if diagnosed timely. It could be lethal if breaks and reaches lungs causing pulmonary embolism
Dr. Brad Goldenberg
Examination: Since you have experienced muscle tears in the past, you will need a doctor to examine and fond out if that has happened again. Why it took you months to figure that out seems odd, bit you need a professional to find what has happened, and how to treat it

Last updated Apr 27, 2018