why is my lower back in pain, and it gets worse when i stand and my left leg seems to lose its strength.

Dr. Donald Colantino
Low back pain: If you didn't strain your low back recently, your symptoms could be due to a bulging or ruptured intervertebral disc in view of the associated leg weakness. If resting and taking anti-inflammatory medications like Advil or Aleve do not improve your back pain, see your physician or an orthopedic specialist for evaluation. Appropriate tests will be ordered for diagnosis. Physical therapy may help.
Answered on Jan 5, 2019
1