which thyroid lever causes hair loss. my tsh is 4.2 and t3 is 20. i am stuggeling with hair loss and not sure of it is yaz or my thyroid.

Dr. John Berryman
53 years experience Obstetrics and Gynecology
Thyroid disease: A "TSH of 4.2" is certainly elevated in most lab determinations. "T3" is the hormone produced in the thyroid gland, and apparently is being produced in adequate amounts. Most hair loss in women is from either genetic causes or from excess male hormone production. Because of the relatively high TSH, you may have hypo-thyroidism, which is treatable.
Answered on Apr 16, 2018
1