i have a problem involving my lower back and legs that means i cannot stand for long or walk very far, the problem started 6 or 7 years ago after a slight stroke which i had a pacemaker fitted at that time which means i cannot have a mri scan. x rays?

Dr. Donald Colantino
Leg weakness: Leg weakness or discomfort on walking is often due to spinal stenosis in your age group. Blockages in arterial circulation is another possibility. You can have xrays of the spine and a ct scan which is more revealing. I recommend an evaluation by your physician who can then refer you to the appropriate specialist depending upon the physical examination and test results.
Answered on Apr 12, 2018