Forest Park, IL

stood up from a crouch and hit top of head on edge of steel shelf. small lump, no loss of consciousness or stars. mild pain, any concern for bleed?

Dr. John Goldman
Rheumatology 55 years experience
Seems to be OK: If you develop neurologic symptoms like dizziness headaches nausea you need to see your physician. At this point it sounds like it’s OK. Usually you put ice on the area For 24-36 hrs. to decrease the bleeding and after that you can use heat application
Doubt it: At your age one would expect loss of consciousness at the time or confusion after and a significant lingering or progressive headache. If you were over 65, on blood thinners & had a past history of a bleed it might suggest need for an evaluation.