I recently had a FBC done - I have a serum globulin of 22.9g/L (bordline low) and MCH of 32.4pg (borderline high) - I eat a vegan diet - Can this account for my abnormal figures ? I have a GP apt. next week to discuss and Im looking for further info

43 years experience in Pathology
Stop worrying: These are perfectly fine. Reference ranges are set so that a few percent of healthies fall outside on either end. Your vegan diet will benefit you morally though most of what you've been told about the health benefits disappears when you control for the other healthy-living habits of vegans. You do need scientific guidance on supplementing (B12, iron, calcium, protein, iodine, others). Best wishes
Answered on Feb 25, 2018
1