U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 30-year-old male asked:

Is there an over the counter medication for a stubborn stye. had this for many months now without much change. if not what doctor should i see?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. James Ferguson
Pediatrics 47 years experience
Not really: When warm compresses & cleaning the lash line have not helped in weeks, sometimes the only good option is having it opened & drained by an eye surgeon.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jan 28, 2018


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.