Clinton, MA
A male asked:

I feel a lump on the left side of my body just under the rib cage, is it a tumor or could it be a knot of muscles? it kinda hurts to put pressure on i

Dr. Myron Arlen
Surgical Oncology 65 years experience
Undefined: presence of a lump defined by a lesions size, pain, mobility. It could be a cartilaginous lesion growing off the lower edge of the rib, or a benign muscular process in the abdominal wall where the rectus abd. reaches the rib. A needle aspiration under local can resolve the issue in most instances
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 22, 2018