Pinnacle, NC

i had to drive through a county w/ a whooping cough outbreak. didnt get out only drove - is this a risk to bring home the bacteria to my 2 month old?

No: This disease is spread primarily by droplets/saliva. Since such a drive through would not expose you to either it is not an issue. Many OB's offer a DtaP shot during pregnancy to help protect babies during their first months. If you got one the immunity should still be in force in you & baby. If you didn't, you could always get one to decrease the risk for you to carry it home to your baby.