44 yr old male, former smoker(5 years), obese with a bmi of 41. had aunt with pancreatic cancer. worried about my risk. how likely for someone my age and bmi ? i recently joined a gym and want to take steps to reduce my weight.

48 years experience Pathology
Good to lose weight: It is not feasible to provide any meaningful estimate of your risk for pancreatic cancer. It is good that you started exercising and plan to lose weight. You may visit this site for into on this topic: https://www.cancer.org/cancer/pancreatic-cancer.html Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex.
Answered on Dec 19, 2017