Cary, NC

Why am i on synthroid if my doctor told me i was hyperthyroid? my bloodwork was low-normal tsh but my thyroid is enlarged and i've had symptoms of hyperthyroid like anxiety, weight loss, palpitations, heat intolerance, shortness of breath, and tremor

Pathology 50 years experience
Talk to doctor: What you described does not add up. You ought to discuss it with the doctor who prescribed synthroid. If you are not satisfied with that doctor, it is entirely appropriate to consult a different doctor, preferably an endocrinologist. Wish you good health! - Have a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits, whole grains, milk and milk products, nuts, beans, legumes, lentils and small amounts of lean meats. Avoid saturated fats. Drink enough water daily, so that your urine is mostly colorless. Exercise at least 150 minutes/week and increase the intensity of exercise gradually. Do not use tobacco, alcohol, weed or street drugs in any form. Practice safe sex, if you have sex. Get HPV vaccine
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Dec 17, 2017