Kingston, PA
A male asked:

My iron level is 79, iron binding cap is 258, transferrin sat % is 31. but my ferritin level is 792 and i'm slightly anemic could i have hemochromatos?

Pathology 44 years experience
Yes: Just on the basis of the serum ferritin. It's worth following. Chronic inflammation in the body can also raise ferritin. Are you symptomatic? Your anemia would of course be due to some other factor. One common secnario is a healthy young man with mild anemia actually has thal minor. Do you? It still gets missed in the 21st century. Not an emergency. Keep up with the workup.

Last updated Dec 8, 2017