adult daughter had strep throat. 2yo granddaughter swab positive. do i need a swab? i am well. if i am carrier what would be the next step

Usually not: Generally, we swab a throat to check for strep bacteria when a patient has symptoms, and don't swab people who have no symptoms. That is because we know there are plenty of carriers without symptoms, and we do not treat carriers. That said, in unusual cases, we do swab people and treat them merely for carrying strep throat bacteria, but those would be the unusual cases.
Dr.
Usually not : Nz guideline would say not to swan unless 3 episodes of strep throat in the house (same or other person) in last 3 months. Should get checked however for streptococcal tonsillitis and that may involve throat swab should you develop sore throat yourself. GP can sort or practice nurse. We have protocols re this situation
Dr.
Carriers not treated: It can be 'normal' to carry this bacteria. In the same way as it can be normal to carry then bacteria that causes meningitis. It does not need to be treated unless you have symptoms.