I took my last 0.5mg klonopin at noon today. my dr is now prescribing me 1mg ativan instead. how long should i wait before taking the ativan?

Dr. John Munshower
Benzodiazepines: Both those drugs are Benzodiazepines. They are scheduled drugs and can be addicting, so must be prescribed and monitored with caution. The Doctor who prescribed them for you, would be the one best to tell you exactly when you should take them, especially after stopping the one, to Rx the other. This is best, for your "continuity of care" and assures the prescribing Doctor is aware of your case.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Oct 27, 2020