What causes rid of a pinched nerve?

Dr. Douglas Linville II
Orthopedic Spine Surgery 30 years experience
Disc herniation: Natural history, or the normal healing process, varies between people. However, symptoms can begin and disappear in days. Generally, i give my patients 6 weeks to 3 months for healing. Thereafter, it is likely to be prolonged without surgical treatment. The benefit of surgery is faster return to work/activities, but ultimate result years down the road is equivalent with/without surgery.
Dr. Paul Lynch
Pain Management 19 years experience
Depends: It depends on where the pinched nerve is occuring. These commonly occur in the spine and can be helped by a variety of treatments from physical therapy to epidural injections and even surgery in severe cases. I recommend seeing a pain doctor. Check out pain doctor.Com for a doc near you.

Last updated Jan 13, 2019