A 36-year-old male asked:
Disclaimer

hi my kid is 7yr old. and he swallowed an eraser what should i do.

1 doctor answer
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Ignore it: I would have a talk with the kid, since he is old enough to understand an eraser is not food and you are disappointed with his action. The eraser will pass out of his system undigested over the next 3-4 days. I would not bother to look for it. They are not toxic.
Answered on Feb 1, 2019

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month

Related questions:

A 39-year-old member asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Likely nothing: The seed in its natural form has a hard coat that is likely to prevent any digestion as it passes through the kids GI tract over 3-4 days. In some par ... Read More
A member asked:
Dr. Lois Freisleben-Cook
40 years experience Pediatrics
7 days is too long: If your child cannot eat she needs to be seen again. There are many causes of an inability to eat but the only way to assure it is not serious is to ... Read More
A 38-year-old female asked:
Dr. Allen Menkin
57 years experience Pediatrics
If : If your child is in pain, has difficulty breathing, or cannot swallow you have an acute emergency. If your child is not having any respiratory diffic ... Read More
1
1 thank
A 38-year-old male asked:
Dr. James Ferguson
45 years experience Pediatrics
Maybe/not: If the kid can drink. the coin (if there is one) made it to the stomach so there is no urgency. If not, it may have hung up in the swallow tube & ... Read More
1
1 thank

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
Unlimited visits
$10/month