I can feel at the top roof of my mouth midline but slightly to the right a ever so slightly raised area- 5mm maybe?dont see anything there- looks normal skin.felt some discomfort there a few days ago but better now. is this just likely my anatomy?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Arnold Malerman answered

Specializes in Orthodontics

No way: No way to tell without an examination. May be anatomy, may be lesion, etc. See Dentist for exam. If you have been seeing Dentist regularly he/she will have a baseline. "Discomfort" signals that the area should be evaluated.

Answered 11/16/2017

477 views

Dr. Ronald Hsu answered

Specializes in Pediatric Dentistry

It depends: Hi there, there is a possibility that the bump is a slow growing "torus", a slow boney growth that is considered normal but could be irritating. If the raised area is more "squishy" it could be something else. Only by dental and x-ray image exams would it be possible to know more. Please find a trusted dentist for further diagnosis.

Answered 11/28/2020

476 views