U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Palo Alto, CA
A 17-year-old female asked:

I am experiencing fever (worsened by: hot weather, dehydration (fluid loss), exercise or physical activity) (better by: with fluids, rest) (severity:?

2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 58 years experience
Needs to be checked: We can not tell about the severity of your dehydration.If you have fever and fluid loss by perspiration and physical activity.You need to replace the fluids containing electrolytes to correct the dehydration.Severity only can be determined by examination examining mucous membranes,skin turger,urine output and by blood examination for electrolytes.Since you have fever and fluid loss,get it checked
Dr. Norma Jo Waxman
Family Medicine 34 years experience
Unclear : It’s not clear how long you have had fever and if your symptoms are new. Did you have a fever once or do you have frequent fevers? can’t tell if you become warm with exercise (which is normal), or if this is a new infection or other issue.
Last updated Mar 16, 2021


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.