Hi, i experienced a brief (15 seconds) episode of blurred &double vision in my right eye. it returned to normal after that but i did have a strange bitter taste in my mouth for about an hour after! should i be concerned? bp is normal.

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Charles Glueck answered

Specializes in Clinical Lipidology

Migraine: Most likely migraine, but would go to ophthalmologist for retinal exam to rule out amaurosis fugax, retinal artery, or retinal vein occlusion

Answered 11/2/2017

493 views

Dr. Mahan Chehrenama answered

Specializes in Neurology

Only if recurrent : A warning of a stroke is typically longer in duration (minutes not seconds) and the bitter taste in mouth does not tend to localize as well. Momentary blurred vision in one eye followed by this bitter taste is confounding. If recurrent you should seek neurological evaluation. Rarely seizures can cause a sense of bad smell or bad taste.

Answered 11/2/2017

492 views