I went to the emergency room a week ago i have cellulitis the doc gave me a shot of penicillin and cephalexin 500 mg for ten days i also been fighting a meth addiction i don't use needles i smoke it can this stop me from getting better i feel worse?

5 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Ira Friedlander answered

Specializes in Cardiac Electrophysiology

It certainly could: compromise your recovery and potentially lead to more serious conditions and eventual death. Check into a rehab facility and get off the illicit drugs.

Answered 11/1/2017

495 views

Dr. Stephen Scholand answered

Specializes in Infectious Disease

Smoking never helps: Well with your condition, you may need to go back for a check-up. Your body has been weakened by the cigarettes and the drug use. Those antibiotics may not be enough, particularly if you're feeling bad. Patients like you can get into serious trouble with this kind of stuff, so I recommend going back today. An infectious diseases doc can help too. Hope you get help.

Answered 10/30/2020

495 views