U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Sullivan, MO
A 56-year-old male asked:

Is there help for metastatic small cell carcinoma that i can live?

1 doctor answer7 doctors weighed in
Dr. Yash Khanna
Family Medicine 59 years experience
Consult Oncologist: We can not answer but suggest you consult a oncologist as the prognosis depends on the extent of disease including metastasis and many other factors.Only they can comment on the prognosis
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Similar questions

A 32-year-old member asked:

How long would a person live if small cell carcinoma?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Andrew Turrisi
Radiation Oncology 49 years experience
Confined to chest: Or limited disease, there is a hance of cure. If presenting with metastasis, there is a chance of surviving well for many, but few make it beyond 2 years. Small cells can occur at other organs. You need to see a medical and a radiation oncology doctor while your work up proceeds. (head mr, bone scan, chest/abd ct + contrast thru adrenals).
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 8, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.