U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

Hi i got a black eye 4 weeks ago from a fight the bruise has gone but there is still pain where the bruise was should i see a doctor?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Dylan Mezey
Emergency Medicine 11 years experience
Depends: You likely suffered a bony confusion to the bone surrounding your affected eye. If you did not have imaging done the day of your injury, it is difficult to exclude an underlying fracture. If your pain is in the bone beneath your eye, those fractures tend to heal on their own very well. Concerning symptoms would be if you had difficulty moving the actual eye ball on the affected side.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 27, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.