I had a surgical abortion on friday and that same night i had unprotected sex. is it possible for me to start ovulating that quickly?

4 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Wayne Ingram answered

Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology

No, but.....: No it is not possible to ovulate that quickly. REALLY! The bleeding from the abortion did not deter you from having sex the same night? Moreover, you risked pelvic infection from the previously opened cervix to the intrauterine cavity. It might be time to realize that abortion is NOT a contraceptive method and consider a "real" contraceptive method going forward.

Answered 4/28/2021

523 views

Dr. Heidi Fowler answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

I agree w Dr. Ingram: Concur that you did not ovulate on the day of your surgical abortion. But what you did was dangerous. I was shocked when I read your submission. Do you care so little about your own wellbeing that you would seriously risk your health by having sex right after an abortion? Please find a regular form of reliable birth control. Recommend that you have no more sex until you do this.

Answered 11/28/2017

523 views