I have occasional pain when moving in upper centre of chest, it also feels tender to touch?

Dr. Dean Giannone
Costochondritis?: Not knowing your medical history or age, I could hazard a guess of costochondritis, an inflammation of a joint that connects a rib to the sternum. Could also be a muscular pain - inflammation of one of the muscles in between the ribs. But if this persists, I’d recommend an evaluation and perhaps a chest X-ray and stress test to be complete and comprehensive.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Musculoskeletal: If your pain is reproducible by palpation ( tender to touch) there is a good chance that the source is musculoskeletal, related to chest wall structures. Otherwise chest pain is always treated as possibly heart related and the workup includes ruling in/out life threatening conditions.

Last updated Nov 28, 2017