U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 33-year-old female asked:

Mri shows small central disc osteophytic complex at t8-t9 for other issue. then car accident in june causing severe pain in back, neck, shoulder and radiates to chest. should i get another mri? current doctor wont send me.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Potentially: If you are having severe symptoms of pain following a car accident, further workup Should be considered. Among those possible studies would be an MRI or ct scan. You certainly would not rely on findings on an MRI done before your injury to explain why you are having pain from your injury.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Sep 21, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.