Downey, CA

my ct scan shows i have mildly prominent air-filled loops in my small bowel. what does that mean?

Dr. Michael Gabor
Diagnostic Radiology 33 years experience
It may or may not: mean anything. What symptoms are you having? Why was the CT ordered? There is wide variability in the normal appearance of the small bowel with respect to diameter, air, and fluid. "Mildly prominent" is a description that is very non specific and doesn't mean much. For example, it could be normal, or it could be early bowel obstruction. Clinical context is the key, so talk to your doc about it

Last updated Mar 22, 2020