Perkasie, PA

Hello! both sides of the base of my frenulum under my tongue are very swollen. there also seems to be some white film covering it. very painful. :( ?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology 52 years experience
Most likely thrush: This is a fungal infection that occasionally occurs in the mouth. It is usually uncomfortable and in fact commonly painful. There are good medicated mouth rinses which can take care of this You might need to contact your usual physician to get a prescription for the remedy.
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Infection: There are numerous microorganisms that can cause infections in the mouth. Please see your Dentist for a differential diagnosis to determine the cause of your symptoms, and to provide and/or prescribe the appropriate treatment.

Last updated Nov 27, 2017