ZA

I get a mild but chronic pain/ weakness/numbness in my neck/shoulder that runs down my arm and into my little fingers. what kind of dr / therapist should i see? my shoulder was previously operated on for dislocation.

Dr. Bert Liang
Specializes in Neurology
Go back to your surg: If the symptoms are on the same arm in which the shoulder was operated, you should return to the surgeon who operated on you for assessment. Seeing a neurologist to help localize the lesion could also be a reasonable alternative.
Dr. Alphonse Ekole
Neurosurgeon: Your pain may be from a pinched nerve in the neck. Avoid any manipulations including therapy until you are seen by a neurosurgeon or a neurologist.
Last updated Aug 25, 2017